Wednesday 25 November 2015

Emailing the recording company


In order to use the song 'Love On Top', I am required to seek consent, given that it is copywrited content. Thus, if I am unable to gain consent, I would be breaking copywrite laws of the producer of the music.

By the producer copywriting the music, this means that the lyrics and music cannot be copied in future production of music. The royalties gained would then be divided by the owners of the copywrite, in this case it would be the producers of Beyonce's - Love On Top and afterwards, the agreed division of this money would be between producers and the artist themselves.

In the digital age, it has become increasingly easy, and accessible to breach copywrited content; although these sites have generally been closed once found. Thus, it has become necessary for media producers and artists to protect their copywrited materials. In my production of my music video, I will then be reducing the breach by gaining consent prior to the filming and use of the song.

No comments:

Post a Comment