Tuesday 24 November 2015

Production Ideas

My initial ideas are to go down a similar route to my preliminary task in that I will have a variety of different people lip syncing to the lyrics, whilst also filling parts with dancing. However, from what I have learnt from my preliminary task this part of the video needs to look professional rather than just friends getting together and singing, and so I intend to do medium shots on only black and white backgrounds. I may consider changing these to different colours in the editing process. As in 'Love Never Felt So Good' there is a large use of people to lip sync parts of the song and these are all of the same shot distance on the same background.



I will use people twice as they will only be singing one line or half of a line at a time, but I will need to allow myself a larger amount of time for this part as it needs to be lip synced perfectly to the song. I will use maximum 3 people in a lip syncing take as otherwise it looks cluttered and it is also difficult to co-ordinate all the people within the video, as I found in my preliminary task. Although I will be using this technique I will still need to have a main artist and given my other ideas I will need this person to be able to dance well. This person will need to have one take singing the entire song in one location and then I need to think about whether I will include them in other shots also. As in 'Love Never Felt So Good' Justin Timberlake features in some of the lip syncing with the group, however, given that my actors will be from different schools and possibly family, it will be difficult to arrange a time where they can all lip sync together, in this case I will use a smaller group of around 10.

I have also had thoughts on an editing idea that I will intend to use. This will be similar to that shown in Beyonce's countdown video. It will involve me using a long, dance type studio in which my actor Stefi will dance several times in many different places before I cut it all together in a panning effect.



This effect is shown at minutes 1:58 to 2:10. I will be doing a practice run of this editing technique to test out whether the location works for this particular technique as well as whether Stefi is the right actor to be performing as Beyonce in the video. It will be key for the actor to perform the task well, in the sense that it needs to have an R&B/ pop feel to the dance moves and the way they are carried out, which given the type of dance Stefi performs in terms of competitions, I think she will be perfect to execute this technique.

The song which I will use will be Beyonce's 'Love on Top' which already has a good video, however it is mainly in one location. I hope to in my video base Stefi as Beyonce in one location, but when I start to use a larger cast for the rest of the video, this will take place in a variety of different locations. Locations/ shots which I have considered are: large stage, plain black backdrop, industrial area and microphones on stage.

No comments:

Post a Comment