Wednesday 20 January 2016

Make-up and hair analysis

For my music video I am going to use make up and hair similar to that of other pop/ artist videos which are currently on the market. I have gathered many of my ideas from 'Huda Beauty' an Instagram page and online website which offers ideas as well as tutorials which I will utilise for my Love On Top video. The make up and hair styles which will be used will directly target my audience as it will involve styles which are popular at this time, for example, a flicked eye liner, glitter eyes and rolled hair. Each of my locations will involve a different make up and hair style to fit with the wording and setting of the shot. I will be putting the make up on my artist Stefi myself, therefore I will be following tutorials posted on 'Huda Beauty' if I have not already created these looks before. These will include: the bun, smoky eye and pony tail. 

Dance studio:





The dance studio will be shot as a long shot, therefore the make up will need to be visible but not overly dramatic. For this location I have chosen the look of a fleeked eye liner and a matte lipstick, both of which I have completed on myself previously. However, I will need to test whether these looks will look appropriate on Stefi, my artist. 


The hairstyle I have chosen needs to look as if it would be worn in a dance studio whilst still looking up to date and stylish. This hairstyle will be a bun, with pulled over fringe, which I will be completing by using the tutorial on 'Huda Beauty'. This look is one recently worn by Kendall Jenner on the red carpet, who is a popular figure and would be observed by my target audience. Therefore by using this hairstyle I will be appropriately fitting with my location whilst targeting my audience at the same time. 

Fan room:




The fan room shot will be Stefi (artist) seated on a clear seat and a plain background, therefore a pop of colour on both the eyes and in the dress will be needed for this location. As the lighting will be bright a medium dramatic eye will be plenty dark enough to cause effect. This is a make up technique that I have previously done also. 


The hairstyle I have chosen for the fan room is one that will move in the wind enough to make the usage of wind worthwhile. This will be a curly blow dry with slight back combing in order to give it height. This is a technique which I have completed before with the use of Pro Blo hair brushes, which I will use on Stefi. Curly Blow Dry's have also become a recent craze among celebrities as an effortless look, therefore will target my audience as they can aspire to have hair like my artists. 

Window sill:




The make up I have chosen will be light foundation with a slight contour, this will look basic but still give Stefi the coverage and skin perfection that is required for a music video. For this shot it is meant to appear as if she is preparing to get ready, therefore too heavy make up would be inappropriate for this setting. Basic foundation and powder is a technique which I have completed before. 


For the shot on the window sill, Stefi will appear as if she is getting ready. For this look I will be using rollers in the top or all of her hair in order to give this effect. The use of rollers to create a bouncy blow dry has become popular among younger women since the introduction of products such as Sleep In Rollers. Therefore, this look will be appropriate for the setting as well as targeting my audience. 

Dark Garden:




The dark garden shot will be in the dark with the use of a bright light around the camera, For this I will use glitter in order to add a sparkle to the plain background, as well as giving a dark look to contrast with the bright colours used in the rest of the video. This is a look that I have not completed before so I will be following the tutorial as posted on 'Huda Beauty'.

The hairstyle for this shot will not need to be considered as Stefi will be wearing a bobble hat. 





No comments:

Post a Comment