Sunday 3 April 2016

Editing digipak



I began the front cover by selecting the best photo of Stefi posing straight on. I then cut the background and shadow of her out before copying this image to the front cover.


I copied the photo four times and spaced them evenly across the cover. I then changed the opacity of each Stefi, with the first being 100%, the second being 90%, the third being 85% and the fourth being 80%.


For the back cover, I chose to use a picture where Stefi's hair was shaped in a heart shape, to highlight the song style, with most being about love. I cut out the background, and especially the inside parts of the hair.


I then copied this image onto the back cover, but due to her outfit being black, it became difficult to see the text, thus this would need to change colour to white.


For the entire middle spread, I wanted Stefi to be lying along the floor on a bed of rose petals. However, when it came to cutting Stefi's body from the background, some of the flowers were cut too, as I had photographed her on a white background and there was several cream petals. For this reason, I had to use the pure photos of the rose petals:


I had taken a photo of the bunched rose petals and so I copied these 7/8 times behind Stefi in order to fill any remaining gaps. By using real petal photos, rather than just google images, it gave a more realistic shot that she was physically laying on a bed of rose petals.

Choosing background:

I have cut out the photos of Stefi which left a blank background to fill.







The final choice of background is the red on either side for the '4' feature:

However, the back cover I need to choose between the songs at the side and the photo of the artist facing back, or the songs at the bottom and the photo of the hair in love hearts.








No comments:

Post a Comment