Wednesday 23 March 2016

Font choice

Before I began to insert my fonts to my digipak and poster, I looked on Dafont.com for ideas different to those which were provided on Photoshop alone. Once I began looking I found that I had a general style of letters which I liked, of a retro feel. As the type of artist Beyonce is, and the fan base which follows, I can assume that using letters like these, along with glam style outfit, hair and make up will be fitting with the genre of pop/ r&b. 

This is the first idea of the font's which I will use for my digipak: 


For the song titles on the back page of the album I used font 'Stencil1935' which I then made the numbers bold to define them a little more:


For the 'Beyonce' name title I used font 'Optimum princeps' which resulted in a larger 'B' than the other letters:


As the album is called '4' I wanted to incorporate a big 4 covering the entire page of the digipak, which will have the opacity changed once the 4 same photos of Stefi are inserted. For this 4 I used font 'Dita Sweet':


A further big four in the same font will be used on the lyrics page, however in a different colour so that the text stands out a little more. I am hoping to use the colour scheme of red, black and gold, as these are the colours used in the r&b genre. For the lyrics font I used 'Ginebra':


No comments:

Post a Comment