Saturday 12 March 2016

Ken Burn pan

From 2:15 I planned to do a longer Ken Burn pan as well as a zoom into Stefi dancing. This would give the desired effect of Stefi appearing dancing 6/7 times whilst it panned across the room at each different dance move. This routine involved 8 different dance moves performed one after another, so in this part of the song, Stefi would appear in cannon performing this routine 6/7 times.

The first stage of this editing process involved me cutting each Stefi down to size, so that she did not overlap at each position of the room:



This stage involved the initial part of the clip whereby I wanted it to show all of the Stefi's and then zoom in and pan across, before once again returning to the full room of Stefi dancing; the last dance move which was Stefi saluting to the word 'stop' in the song. Once I had seen this first stage, I wanted to fill the empty gap on the right of the screen with another Stefi to give the final total of 7 Stefi's dancing.

Initially when I began to pan this shot, I was working with each clip individually panning and individually zooming. However, given that there would be 7 shots and each time I panned and zoomed the shots they would all need to be in line with each other, it became an extremely difficult process. So for this reason I merged all of the clips seen in the above video into one MP4 which I then copied onto my actual music video before beginning the pan and zoom technique as if it was only one clip.

Then I began the next stage which was to zoom in from 100.0 to 225.0 points on scale. This would then zoom and take me to the far left of the screen before beginning the panning process. This zoom was only completed on one clip, given the difficulty level of doing it all separately. I would then zoom back out from 225.0 to 100.0 at the end of the clip for the salute. After I had put in the zoom, I needed it to stay consistent, which I did by inserting toggles along the clip in order for the zoom to stay at 225.0.

After this stage I began the panning effect, which I also did by inserting toggles at various stages for a smooth pan along. Each of the toggles would slightly change the the stage or number of Stefi's, e.g. moving from 1-3 Stefi's on show, to 2-4 Stefi's on show. The toggles had to be inserted consistently throughout the clip in order to give a smooth panning effect. As I began to do this, the camera would jump, but by keeping the toggles consistent this stopped this from happening.

At the end of the panning effect, the camera would return back out to show all 7 Stefi's in time for the 'stop' and salute.



No comments:

Post a Comment